Tuesday, May 16, 2006

mourning my lack of unnecessary things

My life has taken an interesting turn the past month and a half. The utter lack of several luxury items having a presence at my house has been a hard change. No doubt, the benefits of having moved to my house outweigh these disappointments, but yet, they linger. I do not have a computer. Or an internet. Or any TV channels. Previously, I had regular access to all of these things at my residence (including cable channels). I do have internet access at work (and thus, I'm able to check up on other blogs and even leave comments, but I don't feel justified in taking the time to write out my thoughts, post pictures, or really do anything that will take more than about 2 minutes time. While this helps me feel connected to everyone else, it does not help you all feel connected to me! I'm sorry for this...it cannot be helped.)

My TV viewing, however, can be rectified. :) I have wonderful friends who bless me with time in front of their TVs for the necessities in TV viewing (namely, Grey's Anatomy). I can't say that it would even make sense for me to have any TV channels at this point...I'm never home to watch them, along with the fact that I have to sit 2 feet in front of my TV to catch any sort of a detail of what I'm watching (it's a small, small TV).

Yet, as I sit here at the library and complain about these things, I am reminded that these things are luxury items. My life is absolutely complete without these items. I can fully function without 24/7 access to the internet and TV. It's just that I don't want to. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger anne said...

I totally know what you mean. But hey, you can always pop over to our place. :) I'll be home more soon and you can use my computer whenever you want.

As long as I'm not using it. In which case we might have to fight for it. And that could be messy.

10:06 AM  
Blogger beth said...

thanks for the TV-viewing offer. I'll keep taking you up on that. :)

And as for fighting for the computer...you seem like you could be pretty scrappy, but I feel like I could take you down. :)

1:20 PM  
Blogger Jean said...

ummm.....don't let her scrapiness fool you. She lifted me and Becky at once. Of this, I do not kid.

5:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home