Sunday, August 29, 2010

the big 3-0

i turned 30 over a month ago. i was really, really dreading it. i'd had some personal life-goals that i'd wanted to hit before 30. i did not meet a couple of the big ones - for instance, i always felt that i'd be married, as well as have started having children by this time. at this point, i have no idea if it even will happen (i really hope so, though).

Then, about 3 weeks before i turned 30, i injured my leg playing softball. i got stuck on crutches for about 2 weeks, and am (now) almost back to normal. thankfully, i was off crutches by my birthday. additionally - 1 week before my birthday (just as i was getting off crutches), i wound up with a terrible abscessed tooth. i had had 5 dental-type appointments within 1 week (culminating in a root canal that occurred the day before my birthday). it was horrible (the week - not the root canal). my face got all swollen with the infection, as it spread to my jaw muscles before i got to the dentist. it took about 5 days for me to recuperate. Sufficient to say: by the time i turned 30, i had just turned the corner on my maladies and was finally feeling normal again, and was glad to have been distracted. :)

there are definitely times that i look back and see so much provision for my life. i have experienced SO much and been able to do SO many things in the past 7-8 years that i would never have experienced had i not been on this particular journey. i have some of the best friendships of my life right now and i am able to just sit back and revel in them, not worrying about trying to fit them in or maintain them through little communication.

by living independently in a house that i bought, for awhile with a roommate that paid me rent, i have been able to pay off all of my debt (read: college loans) and am working towards paying down my house.

God definitely has a plan for my life and i am just doing my best to live that out. he has blessed me abundantly and i wouldn't change that for the world... despite reaching 30 before i should have!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home